Thinking about joining a fad diet that guarantees you to lose 10 lbs in a week? Well, the reality is that this type of weight loss is often unhealthy and unsustainable. The real key to safe and successful weight loss is to adopt a healthy lifestyle-exercise on a regular basis and choose good nutrition that suits your individual needs and that you can maintain for life. Here are 10 healthy, realistic tips to help you lose weight even faster:
- Eat a high-protein breakfast. What about eggs-are they good for me? Find out here: https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/food-features/eggs/
- Ditch the sugar! Note: It’s important to note that even foods promoted as “healthy” or “organic” can be very high in sugar. Therefore, reading nutrition labels is a must.
- Drink water a half hour before meals and throughout the day.
- Eat more fiber. Fiber is found in vegetables, fruits, beans and whole grains.
- Eat healthy fats like olive oil, avocados and nuts. Note: Fats help you stay fuller for longer, decreasing cravings and helping you stay on track.
- Drink coffee or tea without the added sugar
- Eat mostly whole, unprocessed foods.
- Eat your food slowly.
- Cook more meals at home.
- 30 minutes of exercise a day can make a world of difference! Walk, jog, take a class, dance-find something that you enjoy.
Need help with planning out your meals for better weight loss? We can help! Give us a call to get your personalized monthly meal plan.